Tuesday, September 26, 2006

And the stealing continues! My turn!

Well let me start out by saying, this sucks!

Kim and I were sitting around, chatting, I was building, she was
standing there looking pretty, when she remembered something she had heard a week or so before. I wasn't around much at that time, so she forgot, and thought nothing of it. She remembered today though, and brought it to my attention, and well, this is what she showed me:
(They are standing in my main store in Naedam, while Kim is quietly sitting on the roof)

Mercedes Marquez:
i love the doorways
Mercedes Marquez: i love the walls
Mercedes Marquez: i love the lights
Kai Saito: have you got textures like these
Mercedes Marquez: i like these change rooms
Kai Saito: do you have the space
Kai Saito: ur store is the width of this back part
Mercedes Marquez: 3 boards across
Mercedes Marquez: so yea a little more
Mercedes Marquez: than this back space
Mercedes Marquez: maybe the guy will give me his piece of land
Kai Saito: the front is pretty big i guess
Kai Saito: couldmake that smaller
Mercedes Marquez:
i want this store
Kai Saito: you have a bigger piece on the other side of the sim
Mercedes Marquez:
not gunna be happy til i have it
Mercedes Marquez: its just long
Mercedes Marquez: its not wide at all
Kai Saito: well...ughh...why oh why you never took ...nvm
Mercedes Marquez: lol
Kai Saito: lets buy a sim :O
Kai Saito: ok nvm..lol
Kai Saito: umm
Mercedes Marquez: ok wait
Mercedes Marquez: hiro has 8192m available in Vanuatu
Mercedes Marquez: i think thats how much land i have
Kai Saito: but..i don;t want you to move :/
Mercedes Marquez: all together
Kai Saito: but..i guess if you have to
Mercedes Marquez: well i like my spot
Kai Saito: is the owner of penis chairs online
Mercedes Marquez: but if that asshole doesn't take his penis chairs and move the fuck out i hate that rectangle
Mercedes Marquez: i don't know his name
Mercedes Marquez: lets go
Kai Saito: lets look

I was shocked, I didn't know what to think, what to do, or what to say. So I decided to go check out her store to see what it looked like, to see what her style was so that if anything were to start looking like mine, I would know what it looked like prior to that. Well, lo and behold, she had already gotten busy and there it was a (not so pretty) replica of my store! No, not similarities, not coincidences, she blatantly copied my store.

Yes, I know it looks like shit, yes I know mine pwnz hers, I know all this, but that is not the point. Yes, people use ideas from things they like, I too have done so, but this girl went out of her way to copy, pretty much the exact floor plan of my shop.

Anyway, I took the liberty of taking some pictures. Take a look for yourself:

On further investigation, we concluded that Kai Saito was actually the creator of the build, and was also online, so my partner in crime decided she would chat with him, and well, that was found to be quite uneventful:
[9:56] Kimberly Casanova: Hi : )
[9:57] Kimberly Casanova: Fantastic job on Mercedes store. Where OH where did you get the great idea?
[9:59] Kimberly Casanova: When she said quote "I want this store" " not gunna be happy til i have it" I didn't actually think you guys would stoop that low as to copy our main store. ;-)
[10:01] Kai Saito: i was asked to make a store, so we made one
[10:01] Kimberly Casanova: Oh, right. You got asked to make A store, no idea she wanted to copy ours, eh?
[10:02] Kai Saito: is there a problem here ?
[10:02] Kimberly Casanova: Sure is.
[10:03] Kimberly Casanova: When someone asks you to copy a store without the original owners knowing about it, you DON'T do it.
[10:03] Kai Saito: wait..your mistaking me for soemone who gives a chit..lol
[10:03] Kimberly Casanova: I've got full blown logs of your two talking about remaking it.
[10:04] Kai Saito: we never copied anything, we made a store..whats ur point
[10:04] Kimberly Casanova: Yeah, I already noticed.
[10:04] Kimberly Casanova: Bullshit. :-)
[10:04] Kimberly Casanova: Would you like the logs?
[10:04] Kai Saito: have a good day..bye
[10:04] Kimberly Casanova: Exactly. You don't have anything to say because you know what you've did.
[10:05] Kai Saito: listening to conversations without peoples knowlegde ?
[10:05] Kai Saito: ok thx for telling me that
[10:05] Kimberly Casanova: Ooh. You're a smart one. *Clap*
[10:06] Kai Saito: reported..have a good day..goodbye
[10:07] Kimberly Casanova: Ooh. Reporting me? I don't really care, I've done nothing wrong here, and if you think you're gonna get away with this, then you thought wrong. We're already getting this investigated. I have logs of you guys and everything.
[10:07] Kimberly Casanova: If by doing this you wanted your name to get out there, trust me, it will be.
[10:09] Kai Saito: if mercedes asked you to use an idea, and you said yes..then where is does your problem lay ?
[10:09] Kai Saito: and is it a clone, i mean an exact clone ?
[10:10] Kimberly Casanova: Mercedes didn't ask us though, sweets. If she asked, that would of been a little different but for you guys to go behind our backs and copy.
[10:10] Kimberly Casanova: It's not an exact clone, but we have logs of you guys talking about copying it, I mean come on.
[10:10] Kimberly Casanova: The lights
[10:10] Kimberly Casanova: The sitting areas
[10:11] Kimberly Casanova: The window displays in the front
[10:11] Kimberly Casanova: The wrap around with the dressing rooms
[10:11] Kai Saito: listen talk to mercedes, i made it with her, its what she wanted, we never intentionally wanted to rip anyones store off, she wanted it because she liked the idea, is it really too similar ?
[10:11] Kimberly Casanova: The overall shape
[10:11] Kai Saito: but come on, thats normal store stuff
[10:11] Kimberly Casanova: No
[10:11] Kimberly Casanova: No, it's not.
[10:11] Kai Saito: ppl get ideas from other ppl all the time
[10:12] Kimberly Casanova: Sammy wanted something different when she made that store, she got ideas from stores where she lived.
[10:12] Kimberly Casanova: IDEAS, yes. They don't full blown try to copy the store
[10:12] Kai Saito: its not a full blown copy, and you know it
[10:13] Kai Saito: this has 2 floors, its diff inside
Now you tell me, please if I am wrong, if I am seeing things, if I need my eyes checked, because from where I stand, this is a full blown copy. If you want to check it out for yourself the coordinates are (Nirvana 204, 212, 26) or you can just check Mercedes Marquez's picks. I am really bummed, and I suggest if you want to keep your ideas safe, you ban both of these individuals from your land.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

Anonymous said...

Oh god, I'm commenting you from school. It's sort of annoying how texture/build theft is allowed to go on without any consequences whatsoever.

Personally, it's sickening to think that someone can visit another person's creation and - inside of it, of all other places - suggest they steal their designs. I love watching creativity in a virtual environment die. It really is classy.

On a side note, I did visit their store and the title "What Girls Wear" didn't quite seem to fit; it's more of a "What Blingtard Trannies on a Budget Wear". Yeahhh, I used a personal attack on someone else's "original" designs. Oops.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I sick of this. The Drahma, the whining...
I am not affiliated with either side, I do see who they were inspired very strongly by your store, how complimentary! But it IS different.
Besides, your's looks SOOOO much better...what ARE you whining about?

It's a compliment on your skills. Thank them and move on.

Camie Cooper said...

First of all, I posted the conversation she had with her friend saying how she wouldn't be happy until she had THAT store.

Second, I am not "whining" about anything. I was simply letting other people know about these folks, I too said I knew mine was better. Please, read the entire blog before passing judgment.

Third, yes theirs does look different, no one could make an exact replica, it's just not possible, but they tried, and I am sure if she hired someone who could actually build, it would have looked more like mine.

I have the right to complain, they have admitted that they copied mine, and if you don't see it as them doing something wrong, then I don't really care for your input.

Anonymous said...

zxSigh.

I was browsing blogs and thought i`d comment.

First of i`m at a loss as to why he was squirming from the blatant obviousnes that they were trying to get the store VERY close to yours, and they did a good job of it.

It`s obvious they *Must* have taken photos of inside your shop and got to work.

And I know when you make your own creations there is a certain pride and a feeling of content that YOU made it and it`s YOURS. In that feeling it hurts to see someone else going off and making things as if it were their own idea.

Some people just don`t realise this. Some people are so intrigued and fascinated by a build that they HAVE to have it. Kind of like why an artist will do a remake of a song they LOVE. because it`s so good they HAVE to have it.

Im not trying to get on your bad side or offend you, i understand you worked hard on that but I think some people are just a bit ignorant. They dont realize they are doing wrong. A big mindset in this game is 'it is second life its fake who cares'.

I know that when I first opened my old store there was a build a liked and I copied it. It was not intentional to steal an idea; i in all honesty didnt know better. I liked the peice, and I thought it would look cool in my "shop."

As the days went on I realized that it was a mistake on my side and i deleted it, browsed online for inspiration, and build MY OWN store.

But it took me awhile to get to that point. I think we all need to realize that some people just dont get it. and they really do need to be informed.

Food companies copy eachother all the time. lol

But i totally understand where youre coming from..after i realized how REAL second life was i too was disgusted when I found a store that not only stole textures from a lady, but made items VERY close to hers and were selling them for their profit.

But again, some ppl DO NOT understand. That was more than likely the case here.

It should NOT have been done, but it was probably done out of ignorance.

Hopefully they realize they create on their own..if they built that, im sure they`d do a good job looking at some nice builds they like for inspiration and then designing a build by themselves...and take yours done.


And if theyre reading this- Id just say to them that they need to respect your creation and redo the build.

everyone is good at their own thing. They need to realize that just because mercedes loved your build, does not mean everyone else will. There WILL be people out there who would like something these 2 individuals built just as much as mercedes liked yours.



And I will end with my name..if I have offended anyone I deeply apologize. But I just dont really think this was a theft issue (theft, in a certain sense). It seems like an issue from individuals who havent learned how to search themselves for their own creativity, and have looked and taken yours instead. Not out of ill intent, but out of ignorance


-jesseaitui peiton

Ps- Camie, im not sure what you design and i dont believe i ever met you but hopefully these people do away with the build..as i did was a piece i ignorantly copied in my earlier days.

Anonymous said...

^^ sorry for the spelling errors. (Not spelling errors just plain old WRONG words lol)

Its 1 am.


Goodnight!


-mistah aitui.

HeatherFev21 said...

Blargh

I HATE DRAMA

Your store pwns, and at least I now have anther person I don't gotta worry about blogging

:D