Thursday, May 31, 2007

More Dresses.. What'd you Expect?!

I know I know, more dresses! I dunno why but I just can't seem to stop, it's just that they are so appropriate for this time of year! Plus they are really easy, you don't have to worry about matching your pants to your shirt, and your jacket to your shoes, and your bra to your panties, or, whatever, you know what I mean! You just pick a dress, any dress, and slip on some heels or flats, and you're ready! It's so simple, I love it! Okay so today I have two totally different dresses! Both retro in a sense but from completely different eras! First up we have:

Apron Baby Doll
This one is a retro inspired number, done in an apron style. I decided to go on a different rout with this one and added the buttons, which give it that sailor type feel, I really love this dress. I decided only on four colors this time, not only because this print didn't color that well, but also because I wanted to keep the old school feel in the colors I picked. So we have the classic 50's colors: Pink and Seafoam.. And I also added the more vintage: Orange and Yellow.

I've done this the same way I do all my dresses, you have the option of buying a fat pack, or each individually. Each set includes, one flexi prim skirt, two shirts, one done on the jacket layer and one done on the shirt layer (not to be worn together) and of course the optional under pants, so your booty doesn't pop out while shaking your stuff!

Heaven Sent
Here we have Heaven Sent, I love this dress, and thankfully my good friends Garbage Prototype and Kara Eagle did too or I wouldn't have finished it! I couldn't sleep two nights ago, so I decided to get up and try to at least start a project, so I did. I started the top for this dress, and in PS I loved it, but once I uploaded it into SL I was less than thrilled, it's white, and we all know how hard white is to shade, so I tossed it and got back in bed. Then the next day when I woke up, I was complaining to Kara and Garbage in skype, telling them how I felt like I lost my "mojo" how nothing I started looked right. I told them about this dress, they asked me to put it on, so I did, and they INSISTED that I finish it, so I did and I am so happy I did, it's so simple and classic, and that brings me to why I feel this dress too is semi retro.

I wanted to do a all white dress, clean, and simple, but I wanted to keep it classy and the first person that came to mind was Marilyn Monroe. So here you have it, my interpretation of her most famous outfit. I did this one a bit shorter than I have been doing my other dresses and I also added a second layer of sheer fabric under the upper skirt for a more flowy look. Once I was done, I decided to spice these up a bit so I added a few more colors, but just in the band underneath the bust as well as the trim on the bottom of the skirt. I love these dresses! You can find these and all my other new releases at all my locations listed in my picks: Ciao! <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of your little sundresses! Please keep making such delightful clothes.

Camie Cooper said...

Thank you! I don't plan on stopping anytime soon :)