Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pick up the pace Camie

It's been slow. I've been slow. I feel like lately my whole world has come to a complete stop, I don't wake up and want to get up anymore. I've just let myself become lazy and I don't like that feeling.

Second Life, my home away from home, the last thing I really have keeping me going sometimes. That too though has become somewhere I don't want to be for long periods of time like I used to. The reason for second life becoming a bore for me could be due to the fact that most of my friends are all back in school now, so for the most part I am either alone or with Kim, but as you have all noticed she has been busy making hair and such, so really it's just me.

I've been trying to get through this idea for a skirt/shorts but it's taking me way longer then it should, and I am not getting excited about it like I usually do when making something. I just sit there, with PS open and tweak little things about it rather than moving on to the next part, and GRR I want to finish it.

See back when I was first designing, I just made stuff when I wanted, no one influenced when I would start a project, and no one influenced when the project should be done. Well now my friends, it's a different story. See... I have a group of loyal customers, when they notice I came out with something new, within the first three days of it being out, they usually come and buy it. Then things slow down, yes I make random sales all the time, and I will get that one customer every now and then that has either never been to my shop, or hasn't been in a while, and will buy me out but meh. No I am not complaining that I am not making enough sales, cause I am happy with that, what I am getting at is how I feel my customers deserve better.

I sit here, and look at the date, and see more and more days passing since my last release and I feel kinda sickened. I get IM's from people, telling me to get busy, asking me when they should expect something, and I love it, I love love love that people care enough about me and or my product to go out of their way and ask when they should expect something new, it gives me the most wonderful feeling. I can't explain it. That then of course fuels my fire, and I get back on track, and try and give them what they want.

That now brings me back to my point. Right now I am uninspired, and it pisses me off cause' I want to work so badly, I want to be busy, I want to make new things for my customers, I want to keep people happy, and I too would like to feel better about this all. I guess maybe it's the fact that Second Life is no longer safe in my eyes, it is no longer a happy place to be, and even though there is a big group of people that I love and that love me and or my work, the bad people seem to be a little overwhelming at times. I am just a wreck.

Sorry for all this venting but it needed to be said. Like I said somewhere in my ranting, I am working on something new. I was going to take a picture but of course I got up just as SL went down, so my teaser will just be in words this time. Skirt, denim, belt, prim. I dunno, these all might change once I get into my final stages. So I guess, keep your eyes open.

Love you all
Camie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words struck a definite chord with me. One of fear. Because I have feared that the result of all of the nastiness-public fights, comment flames wars, theft, scams-would have this chilling effect on designers. The creative mind is easily blocked by fear and angst. But my hope is that all who are currently affected will work through it and feel inspired again, soon.

Anonymous said...

Camie, don't worry, every artist gets blocks for some reason or another. It'll come back. You just need to remember WHY you used to love it. And make that be your next project!

---fellow SL designer, Austie Pegler

violet~! said...

It happens! I get that way with doing pictures. It happened when I was starting to make stuff but yeah, it's expected. Don't worry :D We still love you.

HeatherFev21 said...

Aww Camie, I am too one of your fellow "zomg GET WORKING" fans, but sometimes we all get mental block, whatever it is we may do, just relax, and let the ideas come naturally, when they are ready...

We ain't goin nowhere!
<3

Camie Cooper said...

Thank you all, it means the world to me that you took the time out of your day to read what I had to say and all of your replys make me feel much better. <33